Friday, April 16, 2010

Secret Paradise

My latest work with lots of texture -  oil on 14x18 canvas board

I called "Secret Paradise" because it looks like a wonderful gardener's tool shed but is an old barn with beautiful florals overgrown in a tranquil spot that has been abandoned ...  some lucky person has made a little path and is working on the garden... I love this technique and all the colours in this one.

Wanna see the real thing in winter? This is my little path with my dog... walking through and around the abandoned shed/barn

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhh I love the colours, Claire. I would love to follow that path and explore....nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this method of creating a painting I often taken paint straight from the tube and onto my fingers almost as good as a knife and in some cases better. I do so love this painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Detail and texture. Love the foot steps.
    It really looks like a photograph its so precise ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you L., Ralph and Vincent - I love this one too... will make more like this - it was a fun way to paint!!!

    ReplyDelete