Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Something Different

Decided to try something different - this one was painted entirely with my fingers
I am calling it my Spirit Tree ... acrylic on canvas 18 x 24  - it was healing and therapeutic, totally creative from my imagination 
This next one is Mystic Circles - can you see the theme here? It is brightly coloured acrylic on canvas 14x18 using a gel medium so it has lots of texture and gloss 

I am experimenting and creating and you can expect the unexpected ... it feels good to be able to do this 
Please email me if you have any requests - some of you have been wanting my artwork which is great - am so happy you like it

5 comments:

  1. I love them all Claire. Fingers is good. Today i am going to use pastel and that is all fingers. But getting into the paint is so good but you get such great results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire, I found you from Milliande's site and thought I would hop on over and say HI! I love the colors you used in your spirit tree, not to mention that you did it with your fingers! I have worked in many mediums over the years but painting is new for me - it is exciting isn't it...anyway just wanted to say hi and sign up to follow your art blog...talk soon, :-D Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...your fingers? And I'm having trouble painting the porch with a brush!! I LOVE the colours you have used in these. I am patiently waiting for the day you are able to paint my boy;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ralph, pastels are messy too but fun aren't they? Good to have you here Beth, you will love exploring painting and happy to have you follow my art blog, and L, thanks for the comments too - I am looking forward to painting your boy, he is so gorgeous - thank you all for the comments

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this series too. I was blog hopping and landed on yours. :D
    On the mid right hand side it looks like an eye peering through. The bright yellows and cool blues remind me of summer in a shady glade.

    ReplyDelete