Monday, May 10, 2010

Floral progress

The floral acrylic canvas is coming along - building up with sponges and light washes and background
Above is a close up of the flowers being put in and the background leaves starting to come along
There are quite a few layers of work here and I have been experimenting with different items to get more comfortable = amazing what you can do with a canvas and some paint - this painting is not from a photo reference - it is being painted with music and my imagination which is the way I love the most
Thus no predicting how it will turn out and I do not feel locked in to any particular way of painting -- there is more freedom of expression and creativity this way
Here is the painting in full 30 x 40 inch canvas

Remember this is an Art Journal, so I post progress pics and am keeping this as a journal of my work as it comes along - Today is classical music I think - for a nice change
Thanks for all of your support and hope you are enjoying this - also wondering if the lighter background is better for you - A happy day to all of you

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I like the lighter background, Claire. Your work is so full of joy..love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just loving it Claire so very much. I have mentioned you in my blog today and sent a link to this blog. Thank you for all that you are as an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to paint from inspiration alone. Wish I could do that. Love both of these they are so thought provoking. Definitely not the chocolate box florals. Like the creative flow of energy in both of these. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Linda, lighter background can stay - I think that seems to be opinion of many folks out there. So happy you love my work

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am honoured, Ralph ... you are so inspiring to me too - and I am grateful to have you as an artist friend - loving all your comments and look forward to them = Thank you so much!!! I love looking at your blog and your work too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Ruby... I am trying to paint outside the lines and let the music take me along - the painting changes depending on the music. This one seems to be coming up with a lot of Neil Diamond songs inspiring it and really fun to get into the zone when it is from imagination and painting freely - glad you like it!!

    ReplyDelete