Thursday, May 13, 2010

Peonies on 30x40 canvas


This painting was difficult for me physically but creatively I had a great time with it ... this is totally from my imagination - I wanted a fun floral featuring Peonies in soft tones
It is the largest canvas I have worked on and my neck, back and arms are suffering for it so am resting now
I have to pace myself a bit better - smaller paintings are difficult because I cannot bend my neck or back over to sit and work on them, and this size was good because I could stand and use my entire arm rather than wrist and hand motions but it took hours or work and I am mentally and physically exhausted so I think I was a little too enthusiastic about it - this painting is for a very special lady who loves Peonies and has a birthday coming up soon

I hope you like this ... I miss my peonies so this painting is really fun to look at each morning 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Claire,

    SO VERY LOVELY!!

    I'm sure your friend will cherish it.

    Love, Mariexo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this took allot out of you but this is a stellar painting of your favorite peonies. It was well worth all of your efforts and you should be REALLY PROUD of the GREAT JOB you did. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it ♥

    ReplyDelete