Thursday, May 6, 2010

Exploring Creativity

Exploring creativity and art expression through exciting new techniques means taking a leap of faith
This piece (20x24 inch canvas) is being created as a collage with acrylic (Golden OPEN) and gel transfer

I have masking tape, paper towels, saran wrap, magazine pieces and found items

using pen and acrylic and sponges to paint this

Lots of great music playing as usual... today the music is from the GLEE cast - all the songs just keep comin' and the inspiration from them

The music makes the painting for me


Yesterday I spent hours cleaning up the studio and cleaning brushes and organizing

 What do you think?? I have two easels - the Mac is fabulous for the music and reference photos - the lace table hides my printer and cleaning products - it is finally organized and I am free to explore - I would rather be painting and creating so off I go... This studio is my favourite place in the world

2 comments:

  1. What a cool little studio...So this is where all your creative talents come to life....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Marie... finally have it set up the way I want it - the painting I'm doing above is in the "working stage" but having so much fun with it!!

    ReplyDelete