Saturday, April 6, 2013

Come Sail Away Lady with Suite Madame Blue

So can you guess what music I am listening to while I paint??? Styx ... and let me just say that music is very inspirational and it gets into your head - if you paint to music, this is a great band - actually we can add "Mr. Roboto" to that list - I just put my iTunes onto "Styx" and all the songs looped


 Fun to do the
abstract painting listening to that and it takes me back to the great memories.

Here is "Black-Eyed Susans" 11 x 14 acrylic on canvas, Sold - but prints, cards and reproductions available here ...

This is from a few days ago and not time for photos of today's art but at least I am posting on the blog for you guys ;))

My art is now available for purchase at a local cafe in Midland, Ontario - The Ladybug Cafe  - Wonderful sandwiches and homemade soup and amazing desserts! Plus local musicians play there on Tuesday nights. Check out Chef Glen and Elaine's great cafe and buy some art at the same time ;)

Support YOUR local artists too - go to art galleries, shows, studio tours and visit their websites - let them know you LIKE their work and become a Fan on their Fan Page - there are a lot of ways to show your support that do not involve "purchasing" but of course we do need to make a living too and work hard at this.

This art has sold but is available as framed/unframed prints, cards, and reproductions on canvas, metal and acrylic surfaces at my Fine Art America website   here

And of course one of the first flowers to pop up is the PANSY - little Violas, Violets and Pansies are very hardy and can tolerate the cold frosty nights of Spring - here is an acrylic painting of Purple and Red Pansies on 8 x 10 wood - I had to brighten it up for viewing as the original is much darker... the greens are a deep evergreen and the purples dark dark  - and it was difficult to get an accurate photo - this has lots of texture in it and the Original is for sale ;)  Have you bought your Pansies yet? I am hoping to be able to see them come up soon along with the Tulips and Daffodils !


I sure do hope we see the flowers soon - the snow is almost gone and there are lots of buds on the trees - we are waiting for the green !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment