Saturday, September 11, 2010

New Works busy busy busy!!

New works as Fall approaches, working on a new Fan Page for Facebook so I will have two of them, and painting some lovely new pieces of art
Each day is getting cooler and the sunsets are spectacular - found a little dead bird the other day on our walk and was able to capture a beautiful Monarch butterfly
Every day is different - here is some of the new art I am working on
Of course there are a lot of colours again - this is a mixed media piece with acrylics, pastels and collage and is almost done
There is a "double" one that I am doing on wood panels using GOLDEN light molding paste and a palette knife and sponges here
They will not be the same, but will be a set and I really like the 3D effect we can achieve with the molding paste

On a recent weekend I was able to capture this DOUBLE RAINBOW which was so beautiful and only lasted for a few seconds... it was just wonderful 

Hope everyone has had a great summer - I am looking forward to some great photos this Fall and some good painting and will keep posting for you on the blog - thanks for all of your lovely comments and support

5 comments:

  1. I thn k your new work looks even brighter than before if that is at all possible. How i wish I knew how you acheived this. Hope you are well but it seems that you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ralph!!! I have a new camera, that might be what is going on... it can zoom in and focus and capture the colour more accurately
    I am actually getting worse healthwise but that is more for a personal message - I can paint and am doing as much as I can and loving it (and love your responses thank you!!!) Hope you are well

    ReplyDelete
  3. DOUBLE RAINBOW!!! OH MY GOD, WOWWWWW, OOOOOHHHHH!!! YEAHHHHHHHH!!! OH WOWWW!!!!! It's so bright!! What does it mean? Look it's full on, all the way across, Oh my GOD, WOW, OOOOOHHHHH!!!!! DOUBLE RAINBOW!!

    :-P (for those who are unsure what just happend, youtube "double rainbow" you will understand.)

    I love the white relief painting Mum, that is super amazing, your creativity is relentless, and I am glad that your focus is on what is relevant to your surroundings... it's like what we were talking about, queen west lofts are for urban folk inspired by urban energy, "it's no longer just the clustering of business that drives a cities economy, but now, rather the clustering of creative people" you are in nature, you should paint nature, this is great. I am hanging out with some indy curators this weekend, I'll show them your latest and see if they are interested..

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow i love your colorful work! so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow love your work. So colourful and full of life. Glad to have found your site. Now I can enjoy daily.

    ReplyDelete