Sunday, August 15, 2010

Two Exciting Ones (in progress)

Hope all of you are having a wonderful weekend - I have two more works in progress...

This is a Native American theme... painted to "Dances With Wolves" songs with John Barry - mostly Dunbar's theme and Fire Dance

See the fire spirit crawling away? It will be finished soon and posted onto the websites

So do you see why I am painting both of them at once? One on each easel... as one colour dries I am working on the other painting, then switch back - the music is awesome and very inspiring

This one is for Kyle... he loves soccer and he asked for a soccer painting - with the World Cup, I decided to make the soccer balls into "world balls" as my son Jeff used to call them (the globe) and a progression of young boys playing - going up to a full adult standing on top of the world - symbolic I guess - I am working on this still, but happy with the colours (Kyle wanted a lot of red) - so hope these added some colour to your weekend - I will try to keep going but can only paint in little bits

I have had a lot of pain over the past week - but these are happy paintings and progress is being made - hugs and happy creating to you - hope you like these

4 comments:

  1. You are the most marvellous of artists Every painting I see of yours makes me gasp in awe. How do you do it I ask? I will never stop looking at this blog but I have decided to hang up the brushes and be a watcher and lover of art rather than an "artist".

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Ralph, I am grateful for your support and you always have wonderful comments... I hope your decision is because you want to try new things and not because you are giving up on your talent - you have done marvellous work and definitely have great talent!! I find it very difficult lately and can only work on my art little bits at a time physically... stay with me okay? hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Opped back to see if you had any changes. You are in my thoughts. I am off to spend a day with my number one girl, my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just to let you know you were in my thoughts hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete